For researchers who want to actively participate in the commercialisation process but would like some support.
If you choose the Shared Commercialisation Revenue and Benefits (SCaRAB®) model , you'll get the full Wellington UniVentures services including:
- IP protection and management.
- Market validation of opportunity.
- Identification of partners, investors and start-up team members.
- Legal establishment of a new company.
- Contract research opportunities for your research lab.
- Access to PSAF non-dilutive funding.
- The option to participate as much or as little as you like and consequently increase your benefit shareholding .
- Personalised professional development supporting your growth and participation in the start-up.
- Inventors shares either issued to you or held on your behalf by Wellington UniVentures.
What we need from you
- Time commitment over the 1-2 years that the project is in house.
- Agreement that we will build a team and possibly include those people in the benefits.
- Access to the research facilities to validate aspects of the IP.
This model may suit you if
- You want active involvement in the commercialisation and fair compensation for your contribution.
- You want to grow your own skills as an entrepreneur.